Expand your on-camera monitoring and recording options all the way up to 8K30 and 4K120 ProRes raw with the flexible Ninja V+ 8K HDMI/SDI Monitor/Recorder Pro Kit from Atomos. Designed to bridge the gap between mirrorless and cine-style cameras, this kit pairs the latest 5.2″ Ninja V+ 8K HDMI recording monitor with an AtomX SDI module, a free-to-download H.265 codec license, and a pre-activated SDI raw key. Designed to offer multiple recording options for both HDMI-output mirrorless cameras and SDI-output cine-style cameras, this bundle will keep pace with your choice of the latest cameras for each job you take on.
This kit’s AtomX SDI module adds two 12-SDI ports to the Ninja V monitor’s HDMI output, offering the flexibility of up to three simultaneous video outputs. The SDI raw license enables support of up to 8K ProRes raw video via both the HDMI and SDI outputs, as well as up to DCI 4K120 ProRes. Cross conversion options include HDMI raw to SDI output and the ability to crop and down-convert DCI and UHD 4K for compatibility with EVFs and wireless video transmitters/receivers without adding other converters. A sun hood, battery eliminator, a power adapter, a locking D-Tap power cable, and a hard case round out this handy kit.
Atomos Ninja V+ 5.2″ 8K HDMI H.265 Raw Recording Monitor:
If you’re shooting with an 8K camera, then why not record in 8K raw format using the Ninja V+ 5.2″ 8K HDMI H.265 Raw Recording Monitor from Atomos. The Ninja V+ is the same on-camera monitor/recorder as its predecessor the Ninja V 5″, but the Ninja+ now features a 5.2″ display and records and plays back up to 8K raw video to and from purpose-built mini-SSDs.
The Ninja V+ can record Apple ProRes raw up to 8K30 or DCI 4K120 directly from the sensor, and it is compatible with select cameras such as the Canon R5. It also includes a H.265 free-to-download license to record with the high-quality, low-bandwidth codec for up to 10-bit recording in ProRes 4:2:2. Display features include a 10-bit screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m² AtomHDR technology for accurate monitoring of your log gamma footage, and support for popular log formats from Sony, ARRI, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Nikon, RED, Sony, and Z CAM cameras.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V+ features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, anamorphic de-squeeze, and focus assist tools. Separately available AtomX SDI, AtomX SYNC, Connect 4K modules, and an SDI Raw license key further expand your Ninja V+ capabilities.
New in the Ninja V+:
- A new chip supports higher frame rates and resolutions
- ProRes raw recording over HDMI up to 4K120 with Z Cam E2 and E2-M4
- ProRes raw recording over HDMI up to 8K30 with cameras such as the Canon R5 (more camera integrations coming from mid-2021)
- H.265 free-to-download license to provide 10-bit recordings in 4:2:2, 8-bit recordings in 4:2:2 and 4:2:0
- XQ: Bit rates up to 350 Mb/s
- MQ: Bit rates up to 200 Mb/s
- LQ: Bit rates up to 100 Mb/s
5″ Daylight Viewable Screen
Recording Codecs Including Raw over HDMI
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes Raw with select cameras at rates up to 8K30 with select cameras and up to DCI 4K120
- Enables ProRes Raw capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras
- Avid DNx compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility
Bright 5.2″ Display with AtomHDR
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera’s log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000 cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
DSLR and Mirrorless Camera Support
ARRI, Canon, FUJIFILM, Nikon, Panasonic, RED, Olympus, Sony, and Z-CAM
8K30 and 4K120 Capabilities
Optional Expansion Modules
- AtomX SDI Module for 12G-SDI input and output and HDMI/SDI cross conversion for up to 8K30 ProRes raw video
- SDI Raw activation key
- AtomX SYNC for wirelessly synced, timecoded multicamera capture
- Atomos Connect 4K for HDMI to USB conversion for streaming up to 1080p60