The Cooke 180mm Anamorphic/i 1.8x Full Frame Plus Lens T2.3 Special Flare SF features /i Technology and is designed for PL-mounted professional motion picture film and electronic cameras. Its coverage circle covers a full 24 x 36mm still size sensor with 1.8x squeeze. This lens has a T-stop range of T2.3 to T22, and a 90° angular rotation of iris scale.
Coverage circle covers a full 24 x 36 still size sensor with 1.8 squeeze. At 2x squeeze you would lose too many pixels. At 1.6x you won’t get enough anamorphic character. At 1.8x you have that sweet spot with a great anamorphic feel and about 90% of the pixels at 2.4:1. Shoot at 2.7:1 and you have all the available frame and 100% of the pixels.
Superb optical and mechanical performance, control of flare, distortion, veiling glare and spherical aberrations at full aperture. The cam-type focus mechanism allows for smooth focus adjustments. Modular construction increases ease of maintenance and serviceability.
And, the Anamorphic/i Full Frame Plus lenses come equipped with /i Technology for frame by frame digital information capture, as do all modern Cooke cine lenses for film and digital capture.
- /i Technology for frame-by-frame digital information capture
- Control of flare, distortion, veiling glare, and spherical aberrations at full aperture
- Focus mechanism allows for smooth focus adjustments
- Two opposing focus scales—metric and footage
- Focus drive gear: 140 teeth, 0.8 metric module x 6.0mm wide x 102mm from the image plane
- Two opposing linear T scales—whole and third stops marked
- Iris drive gear: 134 teeth 0.8 metric module x 4.0mm wide x 82mm from the image plane
- Modular construction increases ease of maintenance and serviceability
- Cine Gear Expo 2019 Technical Award for best technical advancement in optics