The Cooke Panchro/i Classic 18mm PL Lens combines the warm look of a vintage Cooke Speed Panchro with the convenience of the i/Technology lens data capture system. This modern redesign works with both digital cinema and film cameras, features focus scales marked in feet, and covers image formats up to Super 35. One of several focal lengths available, the 18mm prime incorporates a nine-blade iris for cinematic bokeh. For optimal performance, aberration, flare, and distortion-correction extends over the entire image area and throughout the 18mm’s T2.2-22 aperture range. The Panchro/i Classic Primes are color-matched with Cooke’s S4/i, 5/i, mini S4/i, and Anamorphic/i lenses.
Each Panchro/i Classic Prime lens sports both a hardened PL mount and a cable connection that use Cooke’s /i Technology to transmit lens data including focal length, aperture, focus, and depth-of-field to compatible cameras.
The 18mm Panchro/i Classic Prime Lens features a 4.6″ minimum focus distance, focus marks in feet, a relatively light weight of 3.5 pounds, and a compact length of 3.4″. This lens is constructed with 0.8-mod geared focus and iris rings for use with follow focus, zoom control, and wireless F/I/Z systems. A large lens barrel, an increased number of focus marks, and Cooke’s cam-style focus movement enable precise focus pulls.
- Combines a warm vintage Cooke Speed Panchro look with the convenience of the i/Technology lens data capture system
- Covers up to Super 35 sensors
- Wide T2.2 to T22 aperture range
- Color-matched with other Cooke primes
- Relatively lightweight, compact form factor with 110mm front diameter
- PL /i Technology mount will transfer lens data when used with compatible cameras
- Nine-bladed iris produces cinematic bokeh (out-of-focus highlights)
- 270° of focus barrel rotation; 90° of aperture scale rotation
- Close focus of 4.6″, minimum marked object distance of 9″
/i Technology-Compatible Cameras and Partners
- Aaton, Andra, Angenieux, ARRI, Atomos, AVID
Birger Engineering, Blackmagic Design, Canon, Cinematography Electronics
CMotion, Codex, CW Sonderoptics, Element Technica, Fujinon, gbi, IB/E Optics
Mark Roberts Motion Control, OptiTek, Ovide, Panavision, Preston Cinema Systems
RED, Service Vision, Sony, The Foundry, The Pixel Farm, Transvideo, Vision Research