The enhanced Sigma 40mm T1.5 FF High-Speed Art Prime Lens combines the same high-quality optics and mechanics of its FF prime line with a cine-oriented design, and it now utilizes Cooke /i Technology that provides lens metadata to assist in post and visual effects production. This 40mm prime with PL mount is a mid-range focal length in the series, offering full-frame sensor coverage, 6 to 8K resolution, lens markings in feet, and a T1.5 aperture in a relatively lightweight form.
A common 95mm front diameter and similar physical attributes across the lens line makes it easier and quicker to mount lens accessories such as matte boxes, follow focuses, and lens control motors. The 9-bladed iris produces pleasing out-of-focus bokeh effects, and ghosting and flaring have been minimized. Color reproduction is standardized for easier color correction. Each lens in the range offers consistent lens gear positions and 180° of focus barrel rotation. The FF High-Speed Art Prime 2 lenses also feature a clickless iris with linear markings, dampeners on each gear ring for silent operation, industry-standard 0.8 MOD gear pitch, and engraved markings for durability.
- High image performance covering full-frame sensors; suitable for 8K capture
- Lens markings measured in feet
- The lens supports Cooke /i Technology that provides lens metadata
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture aids in shooting with low light levels
- Compact, dust- and water-resistant design with a common front diameter of 95mm across most of the line